Teachers CAN Multiplier Program For South African Teachers
Application Deadline: The application deadline for the Teachers CAN Multiplier Program network is on 31st January 2024.
About Teachers CAN
Teachers CAN is a network led by young, transformative teachers. The network leverages the motivation of teachers to empower children, enabling them to reach their full potential.
The specific details about the award, its objectives, and potential benefits are not provided in the given information.
Teachers CAN Multiplier Program Overview:
The Teachers CAN Multiplier Program is an integral part of the organization’s broader mission to cultivate a network of young teachers and allies dedicated to ensuring that every child in South Africa receives a quality education.
These programs create spaces where teachers and their allies view themselves as change agents, fostering the development of this identity within a community of like-minded individuals.
The community is guided by the Teachers CAN vision, which emphasizes the vital role of young teachers in influencing the education ecosystem.
The Teachers CAN manifesto outlines five core values that empower young teachers to tap into their individual and collective potential.
Recognizing that teaching in South Africa can be an isolating experience, Teachers CAN is committed to countering this by establishing multiple pathways for teachers to connect and form a supportive community.
The program aims to address the challenges faced by teachers in South Africa and foster a collaborative environment where educators can contribute to positive change in the education landscape.
Who Can Apply for Teachers CAN Multiplier Program:
To be eligible for the Teachers CAN Multiplier Program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Age: Between the ages of 23 – 40.
- Current Occupation: Currently teaching in a South African school.
- Qualification: Holds a teaching qualification.
- Potential for Change: Demonstrates proven potential to become a change agent.
- Community Builder: This is a community builder with a community of 5-15 teachers and allies to journey with.
- Desire for Positive Change: Demonstrates a strong desire to bring positive change in the South African schooling system.
- Collaborative Skills: Teachers CAN Lead Multipliers should have the ability to work collaboratively within a diverse group, respecting the views and opinions of others.
- Lifelong Learners: They are lifelong learners who are passionate about growing in their profession.
- Commitment: Committed to playing an influential role in the broader education ecosystem.
Benefits of the Teachers CAN Multiplier Program:
The Teachers CAN Multiplier Program offers a range of benefits for selected Lead Multipliers. The one-year program includes the following components:
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- NNPC/Chevron Limited JV Scholarships
- IVC Scholarship Application Portal
- Lead Multipliers will receive training to lead Local Connects in their communities. This training is scheduled to take place during the March public school holidays.
- Reflections and Peer Learning:
- Monthly online gatherings for reflections and peer learning from fellow Lead Multipliers.
- Mid-year and Year-end Reflections:
- Two in-person reflection sessions, scheduled for July and October, provide Lead Multipliers with opportunities for deeper reflection and learning.
- Network Building:
- Lead Multipliers will have the opportunity to engage with the wider network through various platforms, allowing them to apply their learning and strengthen their identity as key role players in the education ecosystem.
The overall goal of the Multiplier Program is to assist young teachers in developing a common identity rooted in professionalism, creativity, and a willingness to disrupt the status quo.
The program aims to provide Lead Multipliers with a stimulating and nurturing environment, fostering the belief that each of them has the potential to make a meaningful difference in the education system.
How to Apply
- Visit the Teachers CAN registration portal
- Fill the application form
- Upload all required documents
- Click on SUBMIT