Gates Cambridge Scholarships
Gates Cambridge Scholarships (Fully-Funded Masters & PhD) In UK 2024 For International Students Globally
The application period is either from December 2023 to January 2024, as specified in the Course Directory. Applicants are encouraged to refer to the Course Directory for an accurate timeline.
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Cambridge University, UK
Accepted Subject Areas: Masters and PhD Courses offered by the university
Scholarship Type: Masters, PhD
About the Gates Cambridge Scholarships
The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are highly competitive full-cost scholarships available to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK.
The scholarships are intended for those pursuing a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject offered at the University of Cambridge.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarships program aims to establish a global network of future leaders dedicated to improving the lives of others.
Eligibility for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships
To be eligible for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Be applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- PhD (three-year research-only degree)
- MSc or MLitt (two-year research-only degree)
- One-year postgraduate course (e.g., MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA, etc.)
- If already a student at Cambridge and wish to apply for a new postgraduate course. For instance, if currently studying for an MPhil, one can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to pursue a PhD.However, if already started a course, one cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the remaining duration.
- If already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. In this case, applicants must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting, and interviewing as all other candidates.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship provides comprehensive coverage for the selected candidates. The scholarship includes:
- The full cost of study, which encompasses:
- The University Composition Fee.
- College fees at the appropriate rate.
- Maintenance allowance for a single student.
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course.
How to Apply
- Click on “Apply Now” and create an account.
- Proceed to your email inbox to activate your account.
- Log in with your registered email and password.
- Enter your personal information, additional information, educational information, and other details. Upload the required scanned documents.
- Ensure that the names used in the application match the names on all documentation in the same order.
- Review all uploaded documents to eliminate errors during the uploading process.